Class: Period 1, 2012
Lecture Date & Time: Lecture 1 on Schema
The Lecture series consists of 12 lectures 2 hours each. Lecture times, and locations are available here.
Course Textbooks Referenced: Literature
- Review of previous course. Language constructs, virtual machine. No material available.
- Java I/O
- GUI: Swing components. Menus
- GUI: Layout managers.
- GUI: Event handling.
- Inheritance, the is -a relationship.
- Interfaces, the is-a relationship without a class hierarchy.
- Exceptions. Handling exceptions and defining your own.
- GUI: JTable, Images.
- Deitel & Deitel: Chapter 1.
- Skansholm: Chapter 1.
- Java Tutorial Link: Java Nuts and Bolts
Lecture Slides: Available after the Lecture
Assignment: Java Basics
(the resources below are non-platform specific and installation instructions are located at each link)
Online Meeting Room: Adobe Connect Room
The meeting room may only be used in relation to the course. Meeting times will be made known if and when required.